- 1 Data protection
1) Information about the collection of personal data and contact details of the person responsible
1.1 We are pleased that you are visiting our website and thank you for your interest. In the following we inform you about the handling of your personal data when using our website. Personal data is all data with which you can be personally identified.
1.2 The person responsible for data processing on this website within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is Silvio Thiess, Thiess E-Commerce, Geibelstraße 120, 09127 Chemnitz, Germany, Tel.: 0371 / 3068 7104, Fax: 0371 / 3068 7105, E -Mail: email@example.com. The person responsible for the processing of personal data is the natural or legal person who alone or jointly with others decides on the purposes and means of the processing of personal data.
1.3 For security reasons and to protect the transmission of personal data and other confidential content (eg orders or inquiries to the person responsible), this website uses an SSL or TLS encryption. You can recognize an encrypted connection by the character string “https://” and the lock symbol in your browser line.
2) Data collection when visiting our website
If you only use our website for informational purposes, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect data that your browser transmits to our server (so-called “server log files”). When you visit our website, we collect the following data that is technically necessary for us to display the website to you:
- Our visited website
- Date and time at the time of access
- Amount of data sent in bytes
- Source/reference from which you came to the page
- Browser used
- Operating system used
- IP address used (if necessary: in anonymous form)
The processing takes place in accordance with Article 6 Paragraph 1 Letter f GDPR on the basis of our legitimate interest in improving the stability and functionality of our website. The data will not be passed on or used in any other way. However, we reserve the right to subsequently check the server log files if there are concrete indications of illegal use.
In order to make visiting our website attractive and to enable the use of certain functions, we use so-called cookies on various pages. These are small text files that are stored on your end device. Some of the cookies we use are deleted after the end of the browser session, i.e. after closing your browser (so-called session cookies). Other cookies remain on your end device and enable us or our partner companies (third-party cookies) to recognize your browser on your next visit (persistent cookies). If cookies are set, they collect and process certain user information such as browser and location data as well as IP address values to an individual extent. Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period,
If personal data is also processed by individual cookies implemented by us, the processing takes place in accordance with Article 6 Paragraph 1 Letter b GDPR either to execute the contract or in accordance with Article 6 Paragraph 1 Letter f GDPR to safeguard our legitimate interests the best possible functionality of the website and a customer-friendly and effective design of the page visit.
We may work with advertising partners who help us to make our website more interesting for you. For this purpose, cookies from partner companies are also stored on your hard drive when you visit our website (third-party cookies). If we work together with the aforementioned advertising partners, you will be informed individually and separately about the use of such cookies and the scope of the information collected in each case within the following paragraphs.
Please note that you can set your browser so that you are informed about the setting of cookies and can decide individually whether to accept them or exclude the acceptance of cookies for certain cases or in general. Each browser differs in the way it manages cookie settings. This is described in the help menu of each browser, which explains how you can change your cookie settings. These can be found for the respective browsers under the following links:
Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/de-DE/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
Please note that if cookies are not accepted, the functionality of our website may be restricted.
When contacting us (e.g. via contact form or e-mail), personal data is collected. Which data is collected when using a contact form can be seen from the respective contact form. This data is stored and used exclusively for the purpose of answering your request or for establishing contact and the associated technical administration. The legal basis for the processing of this data is our legitimate interest in answering your request in accordance with Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR. If your contact is aimed at concluding a contract, the additional legal basis for processing is Art. 6 (1) (b) GDPR. Your data will be deleted once your request has been processed. This is the case
5) Rights of the data subject
5.1 The applicable data protection law grants you comprehensive data subject rights (rights to information and intervention) vis-à-vis the person responsible with regard to the processing of your personal data, about which we will inform you below:
- Right to information in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR: In particular, you have a right to information about your personal data processed by us, the processing purposes, the categories of personal data processed, the recipients or categories of recipients to whom your data was or will be disclosed, the planned Storage period or the criteria for determining the storage period, the existence of a right to correction, deletion, restriction of processing, objection to processing, complaint to a supervisory authority, the origin of your data if they were not collected from you by us, the Existence of automated decision-making including profiling andMeaningful information about the logic involved and the scope and intended effects of such processing on you, as well as your right to information about the guarantees under Art. 46 GDPR when your data is forwarded to third countries;
- Right to rectification in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR: You have the right to immediate rectification of incorrect data concerning you and/or completion of your incomplete data stored by us;
- Right to deletion in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR: You have the right to request the deletion of your personal data if the requirements of Art. 17 Para. 1 GDPR are met. However, this right does not exist in particular if the processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfill a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- Right to restriction of processing in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR: You have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data as long as the accuracy of your data, which you contest, is checked, if you refuse to delete your data because of inadmissible data processing and instead Request restriction of the processing of your data if you need your data to assert, exercise or defend legal claims after we no longer need this data after the purpose has been achieved or if you have lodged an objection for reasons of your particular situation, as long as it is not yet clear whether our legitimate reasons prevail;
- Right to information in accordance with Art. 19 GDPR: If you have asserted the right to correction, deletion or restriction of processing against the person responsible, he is obliged to inform all recipients to whom the personal data concerning you have been disclosed of this correction or deletion of the data or Restriction of processing, unless this proves impossible or involves a disproportionate effort. You have the right to be informed about these recipients.
- Right to data transferability in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR: You have the right to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request transmission to another person responsible, insofar as this is technically feasible;
- Right to revoke granted consent in accordance with Art. 7 Para. 3 GDPR: You have the right to revoke your consent to the processing of data at any time with effect for the future. In the event of revocation, we will delete the data concerned immediately, unless further processing can be based on a legal basis for processing without consent. The revocation of the consent does not affect the legality of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent up to the point of revocation;
- Right to lodge a complaint pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR: If you believe that the processing of your personal data violates the GDPR, you have – without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy – the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement.
5.2 RIGHT TO OBJECT
IF WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA ON THE BASIS OF A BALANCING OF INTERESTS IN OUR PREVIOUS LEGITIMATE INTERESTS, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT AT ANY TIME TO OBJECT TO THIS PROCESSING FOR REASONS ARISING FROM YOUR PARTICULAR SITUATION WITH EFFECT FOR THE FUTURE.
IF YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO OBJECT, WE WILL STOP THE PROCESSING OF THE DATA INVOLVED. FURTHER PROCESSING REMAINS RESERVED IF WE CAN PROVE COMPREHENSIVE REASONS FOR THE PROCESSING THAT OVERRIDE YOUR INTERESTS, FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS AND FUNDAMENTAL FREEDOMS, OR IF THE PROCESSING IS FOR THE ESTABLISHMENT, EXERCISE OR DEFENSE OF LEGAL CLAIMS.
IF YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS PROCESSED BY US FOR DIRECT ADVERTISING PURPOSES, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO OBJECT AT ANY TIME TO THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR THE PURPOSES OF SUCH ADVERTISING. YOU MAY OBJECT AS DESCRIBED ABOVE.
IF YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO OBJECT, WE WILL STOP THE PROCESSING OF THE DATA INVOLVED FOR DIRECT MARKETING PURPOSES.
6) Duration of storage of personal data
The duration of the storage of personal data is based on the respective legal basis, the processing purpose and – if relevant – also based on the respective statutory retention period (e.g. commercial and tax retention periods).
When processing personal data on the basis of an express consent in accordance with Article 6 Paragraph 1 lit. a GDPR, this data is stored until the person concerned revokes his consent.
If there are statutory retention periods for data that are processed as part of legal or similar obligations on the basis of Article 6 (1) (b) GDPR, this data will be routinely deleted after the retention period has expired, provided that it is no longer required to fulfill or initiate a contract and/or we have no legitimate interest in further storage.
When personal data is processed on the basis of Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR, this data is stored until the data subject exercises his or her right to object in accordance with Article 21 (1) GDPR, unless we have compelling reasons worthy of protection for processing that outweigh the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject, or the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
When processing personal data for the purpose of direct advertising on the basis of Article 6 Paragraph 1 lit. f GDPR, this data is stored until the data subject exercises his right of objection under Article 21 Paragraph 2 GDPR.
Unless otherwise stated in the other information in this declaration on specific processing situations, stored personal data will be deleted when they are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed.
If you subscribe to our company’s newsletter, the data in the respective input mask will be transmitted to the person responsible for processing. Registration for our newsletter takes place in a so-called double opt-in procedure. This means that after registration you will receive an e-mail in which you will be asked to confirm your registration. This confirmation is necessary so that nobody can register with someone else’s e-mail address. When registering for the newsletter, the IP address of the user and the date and time of registration are saved. This serves to prevent misuse of the services or the e-mail address of the person concerned. The data will not be passed on to third parties. There is an exception if there is a legal obligation to pass it on. The data will only be used to send the newsletter. The subscription to the newsletter can be canceled by the data subject at any time. Likewise, the consent to the storage of personal data can be revoked at any time. For this purpose, there is a corresponding link in every newsletter. The legal basis for processing the data after the user has registered for the newsletter is Article 6(1)(a) GDPR if the user has given their consent. The legal basis for sending the newsletter as a result of the sale of goods or services is Section 7 (3) UWG. Likewise, the consent to the storage of personal data can be revoked at any time. For this purpose, there is a corresponding link in every newsletter. The legal basis for processing the data after the user has registered for the newsletter is Article 6(1)(a) GDPR if the user has given their consent. The legal basis for sending the newsletter as a result of the sale of goods or services is Section 7 (3) UWG. Likewise, the consent to the storage of personal data can be revoked at any time. For this purpose, there is a corresponding link in every newsletter. The legal basis for processing the data after the user has registered for the newsletter is Article 6(1)(a) GDPR if the user has given their consent. The legal basis for sending the newsletter as a result of the sale of goods or services is Section 7 (3) UWG.
7.1 Use of Quentn.com
Description and purpose: We use Quentn to send newsletters. The provider is Quentn.com GmbH, Friedrich-Ebert-Strasse 51, 14469 Potsdam, Germany. With Quentn, among other things, the sending of newsletters is organized and analyzed. The data you enter for the purpose of subscribing to the newsletter will be stored on Quentn’s servers in Germany. If you do not wish to be analyzed by Quentn, you must unsubscribe from the newsletter. For this purpose, we provide a corresponding link in every newsletter message. You can also unsubscribe from the newsletter directly on the website. For the purpose of analysis, the e-mails sent with Quentn contain a so-called tracking pixel, which connects to the Quentn servers when the e-mail is opened. In this way it can be determined whether a newsletter message was opened. Furthermore, we can use Quentn to determine whether and which links in the newsletter message are clicked on. All links in the e-mail are so-called tracking links, with which your clicks can be counted. Depending on which font the respective newsletter is designed with, a connection to external servers such as Google Fonts takes place.
Legal basis: The legal basis for data processing is Article 6 (1) (a) GDPR.
Recipient: The recipient of the data is Quentn GmbH.
Transmission to third countries: The data will not be transmitted to third countries.
Duration: The data stored by you within the scope of your consent for the purpose of the newsletter will be stored by us until you unsubscribe from the newsletter and will be deleted both from our servers and from Quentn’s servers after you have canceled the newsletter. Data stored by us for other purposes (e.g. e-mail addresses for the members’ area) remain unaffected.
Revocation option: You have the option to revoke your consent to data processing at any time with effect for the future. The legality of the data processing operations that have already taken place remains unaffected by the revocation.
Further data protection notices: For more information, see Quentn’s data security notices at: https://quentn.com/datenschutz. You can find out more about Quentn’s analysis functions from the following link: https://quentn.com/blog/how-successful-ist-my-e-mail-marketing